Unlike most breads, this one is low-carb and gluten-free. That might not sound too appetizing at first, but the bread replacement is getting rave reviews online. So how do you make it? All you need is four ingredients: eggs, cream cheese, cream of tartar, and a tad of sweetener. (The sugar is optional.) The resulting bread should look like patties or, as the name implies, clouds.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 Tablespoons cream cheese (Room temp)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder (or cream of tartar)
- Optional: 1 Tablespoon Honey or some natural sweetener, salt, garlic powder, rosemary
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius)
- Separate the eggs, there must be no yolk in the white.
- In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, cream cheese and honey until smooth.
- In the second bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder to the whites and beat the whites with the hand mixer on high speed until they are fluffy, form a nice peaks and hold their peaks. It should look something like this: (see photos above)
- Slowly fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites and mix carefully, you don’t want to break the fluffiness of the egg whites too much.
- Do the following as quickly as possible or the mixture may start melting – Spoon the mixture into 10-12 even rounds onto lightly greased baking sheet, sprinkle with rosemary or your favorite spices and put it in the oven.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes on the middle rack. Then broil (cook the top) for 1 minute or a minute and a half and watch it until they become nice and golden brown. At this point make sure you watch them so they don’t burn
- Remove from the oven and let cool and enjoy!