Makes 36 4-inch cookies
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4½ cups Doubting Thomas Farms Thick Rolled Oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup M&Ms plain candies
- 1½ cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with butter or nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the peanut butter with the sugars for 1 minute on medium speed, then add the butter and continue mixing for 3 to 5 minutes until well combined. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, beating hard after adding each.
- Add the vanilla, maple syrup, baking soda and salt, and mix again until combined. Stir in the oats until fully incorporated. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to stir in the flavor add-ins until evenly distributed.
- Use a 2-inch ice cream scoop or drop the cookies by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Use a glass or measuring cup to gently press each cookie. If using M&Ms, for a better presentation, dot each cookie with a few extra candies before baking.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the cookies puff up and turn a light golden brown. Do not over bake. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheets until the cookies are set. They will deflate considerably after removing from oven. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely before storing in an airtight container or freezer.